There are many ways to get connected in our UG-UMC community. From bible study classes to the numerous volunteer opportunities that are available, you will be welcomed with open arms. For more information on these programs, please read on or visit our Contact Page to get in touch with the appropriate program contact. Our Pastor is always happy to answer any questions you may have.
The easiest way to get involved at UG-UMC is to participate in our Random Acts of Kindness Community Outreach. It will not cost much, but will let the community know that UGUMC is spreading God’s love.
You decide on how often to do it and at what cost, if any. UG-UMC Kindness Cards are available on the Welcome Table at Church and at the Day Care. You can also contact me at 262-878-1387 or email@example.com and some can be mailed to you. Be sure to carry a few cards with you each day! Don’t overthink your planned/random act of kindness! Have fun with it. Let’s spread the word of GOD’S LOVE! Even the simplest things can make a difference. Please try to include a special Kindness Card from UG-UMC Here is a list of ideas to help get you started:
- Say a kind word to the person at the cash register.
- Leave money on a vending machine for someone.
- Write a note of encouragement and leave it at a restaurant.
- Or a favorite bible verse put in a library book.
- Leave quarters at the laundromat.
- Let someone go ahead of you in the checkout line.
- Leave a larger than normal tip.
- Bake cookies, etc. for a neighbor.
- Offer someone you know a ride to a store or doctor.
- Buy someone a soda on a hot day.
- Send someone a care package.
- Leave a card and a few dollars at the gas pump.
- Make two lunches for work and give one away.
- Buy someone in line behind you their morning coffee.
- Give someone a flower or a hug.
- Carry a $5 gift card with you and give it to someone randomly.
- The ideas are endless!! What’s your idea?
- Be kind, be a blessing
- Bible study is held throughout the year
- Confirmation & New Member Classes
- Please contact Pastor Robert for more information
Planned Acts of Kindness
- Planned Acts of Kindness is one way we reach out into the community. We have done many different projects and are always looking for new ideas!
- It is a great way to spread the good news that Jesus is our savior
Other Ways to Volunteer!
- First Touch Team – Greeters & Ushers
- AMP Children’s Ministry
- Sunday Fellowship
- Church Cleaning
- Help at the UG Food Bank
Prayer Shawls: Do you like to crochet or knit?
Other Ways to Help!
Change for Change
- Please leave any of your loose change in the offering plate!
- This money supports the local food bank and other worthy causes
Union Grove Food Bank
- There is always a a need for non-perishable food items and paper and cleaning supplies. Lists of needed items are on the Welcome table. Contact Beulah Skewes (262) 878-1775 for more info
- Items can be donated by placing them in the basket by the church entrance.
- Monetary donations via check to UG-UMC with “UG Food Bank” noted in the memo section are also welcome.
- If you know of a family in need, be sure to talk to our Pastor so help can be provided
United Methodist Committee on Relief
International Disaster Response (#982450)
United States Disaster Response (#901670)
- Please remember that UMCOR spends 100 percent of designated donations on the projects the donors specify.
- If you would like to donate, write out a check to UGUMC.
- Please write UMCOR and the Response # on the memo line. Visit umcor.org to learn more and to donate online. Be sure to give credit to our church. Thank you!